the following information will prove useful in understanding the current state of affairs of the design+make studio.
here is an archive file of tons of different material to read and contemplate:
- description for the course
- past presentation files and physical boards
- project book
email info from professor david dowell [do not take these ideas as gospel. spend adequate time getting to know the problem, the people, and the possibilities before jumping into "let's design a logo!"]:
"...there are a host of ways to engage:
- studio website & other social media platforms
- Design+Make Studio mark & associated visuals
- KCUR feasibility study research & programming document
- Waldo affordable housing research & programming document
- video for 100&CHANGE application featuring Mayor Sly James
- On the experimental front, if you like, the focus this year is on whether or not architecture can actually participate in the process of solving major societal problems - homelessness, the degradation of civil discourse and the notion of objective journalism, affordable housing. Could get at this in some kind of graphic way.
- open to any ideas or approaches that you feel are good for your students